Although many people opt for handling car accident claims independently, this usually hinders their case success in the long run. Having a Cleveland car accident lawyer on your side is in fact an imperative necessity to attain a fair compensation for your losses
Prevalent Causes of Car Accidents In Cleveland
- Speeding: Cleveland’s most common cause of accidents. It is also one of the leading causes of fatal accidents.
- Reckless driving: e.g., tailgating, and cutting people off; leads to a large portion of motor vehicle accidents.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Significantly increases the chances of becoming a car accident victim, forcing harm upon another party, and even wrongful death.
- Distracted driving: Failure to pay attention while behind the wheel (e.g., phone use, eating, etc.).
- Failing to yield the right of way: Failure to yield when vehicles meet at an intersection.
- Running red lights or stop signs: Most commonly results in a T-bone-style accident collision.
Common Injuries From Cleveland Car Accidents Collisions
- Whiplash: Typically occurs in rear-end collisions. Whiplash is caused by the sudden jerking of the head and neck that leads to pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Broken bones: Usually occur when another vehicle hits you or when your vehicle crashes against hard/heavier objects (e.g., highway walls, trucks).
- Internal bleeding: Caused by the force of the impact and can lead to organ damage or death if not treated immediately.
- Bruising: May be caused by the seat belt, airbag, or hitting something during the accident.
- Brain Injuries: This is indeed the most severe injury and outcome that frequently leads to long-term problems or even death.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: A condition that may develop after a traumatic event (e.g., a car accident). Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, and depression.
What To Do In A Car Accident In Ohio
- Call The Police: Immediately file a report so that accident details are documented in the legal system.
- Seek Medical Care: If you are injured, seek medical attention! Even minor injuries may lead to future pain and suffering.
- Exchange Information: Acquire general information from other parties involved (e.g., name, address, phone number, insurance) including potential witnesses who witnessed the events in real-time.
- Document the crash: Take pictures and videos of the crash.
- Call a Car Accident Attorney, Cleveland: The most crucial step is to contact a Cleveland car accident attorney. A law firm will not only facilitate the legal process but also ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of winning your case and getting the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need To Hire An Attorney Following A Car Accident
- Insurance companies: Insurance companies prioritize the minimization of their expenses (e.g., YOUR medical bills) rather than prioritizing your medical care.
- Legal Advice and Action: An auto accident lawyer, Cleveland, has the legal expertise to gather evidence that may be inaccessible to you (e.g., police reports, witness statements, accident reconstruction).
If you’ve been in a car accident, contact a Cleveland car wreck attorney immediately. No one will be as committed and dedicated to your success, as much as a Cleveland auto accident lawyer.